Clients and Projects
Our main clients are federal government departments and agencies, and we have also provided consulting services to municipal governments, private companies, not-for-profit associations, universities and foreign governments.
Since our firm's inception in January 2002, we have carried out some 100 successful consulting projects for over 30 federal government organizations, including the following:
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Canada Economic Development for the Quebec Regions
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Canadian International Trade Tribunal
- Canadian Police College
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Commission for Public Complaints Against the RCMP
- Department of Canadian Heritage
- Department of Finance
- Department of National Defence
- Federal Court of Canada
- Health Canada
- Library and Archives Canada
- Military Police Complaints Commission
- NAFTA Secretariat
- National Farm Products Council
- National Film Board
- National Parole Board
- National Research Council
- Office of the Auditor General
- Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages
- Privy Council Office
- Public Service Labour Relations Board
- Public Service Staffing Tribunal
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- RCMP-External Review Committee
- Security Intelligence Review Committee
- Sport Canada
- Supreme Court of Canada
- Telefilm Canada
- Treasury Board Secretariat
The main types of consulting projects carried out for these clients have included:
- Assessing Management Accountability Framework (MAF) Performance: We have applied the MAF PerformanceCheck™ methodology to help departments/agencies determine their current state of conformity with the TBS Management Accountability Framework. Recent examples include: Supreme Court of Canada, Canadian Institutes of Health Research and Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- Performance Measurement: We have applied the Performance Check™ methodology at several federal organizations, including the Product Safety Programme at Health Canada. We have also applied the balanced scorecard methodology at Citzenship and Immigration (Global Case Management System), Telefilm Canada and Natural Resources Canada (One-Tonne Challenge).
- Evaluation: Recent examples of evaluation studies are: Evaluation of the Matching Investment Initiative at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada; Evaluation of the Canada New Media Fund at Canadian Heritage; and, Evaluation of Support to Film, Television and New Media Festivals at Telefilm Canada.
- Resource Reviews: We have conducted many large-scale resource reviews, including the Regulatory Capacity Check and Resource Review for the Product Safety Programme, Health Canada.
- Strategic Planning: We have assisted many organizations by facilitating their strategic planning process. Recent clients have included: Office of the Registrar of the Supreme Court of Canada, Public Service Labour Relations Board, Public Service Staffing Tribunal.
- Organizational Design: Examples of organizations where we have conducted reviews of organizational structure and operations are Health Canada: Policy and Strategic Planning Directorate and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.